Fire razed Kara Village in Ogun state, southwest Nigeria, Wednesday evening. The village borders Lagos.

The fire disaster was said to have been caused by a woman who was cooking.

The fire which started at about 7pm was raging furiously as the only water tanker brought by men of the fire service was not enough to douse the inferno.

Victims said they lost valuables worth millions of naira. They said they could not retrieve anything while fleeing to save their lives.

One of the victims said the N200,000 he kept in his room got burnt by the raging fire.

Kara is a village on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway with makeshift structures and inhabited mostly by cattle dealers
and low income earners.

Also Read:  Man to serve community for stealing pot of soup



Leave a Reply