By Ehi Ekhator, Naija Center News.
In what seems like the problem of illiteracy, a certain pastor from an unknown country stripped a four years old girl naked in the church for having breast and other adult qualities.
The little girl was brought in by her parents who, along with the pastor, believed she was possessed by evil spirit.
In the video, though in French, you could hear the interpreter saying she has breasts, hair under her armpits, she has had mensuration so she has an evil spirit in her.
The 4 years old girl has a medical problem called Precocious.
According to a health website, Mayo Clinic, Precocious puberty is when a child’s body begins changing into that of an adult (puberty) too soon. Puberty that begins before age 8 in girls and before age 9 in boys is considered precocious puberty.
Puberty includes rapid growth of bones and muscles, changes in body shape and size, and development of the body’s ability to reproduce.
The cause of precocious puberty often can’t be found. Rarely, certain conditions, such as infections, hormone disorders, tumors, brain abnormalities or injuries, may cause precocious puberty. Treatment for precocious puberty typically includes medication to delay further development.
Details of the possible causes are:
Why this process begins early in some children depends on whether they have central precocious puberty or peripheral precocious puberty.
Central precocious puberty
There’s usually no identifiable cause for this type of precocious puberty.
In central precocious puberty, the puberty process starts too soon. The pattern and timing of the steps in the process are otherwise normal. For the majority of children with this condition, there’s no underlying medical problem and no identifiable reason for the early puberty.
In rare cases, the following may cause central precocious puberty:
- A tumor in the brain or spinal cord (central nervous system)
- A defect in the brain present at birth, such as excess fluid buildup (hydrocephalus) or a noncancerous tumor (hamartoma)
- Radiation to the brain or spinal cord
- Injury to the brain or spinal cord
- McCune-Albright syndrome — a genetic disease that affects bones and skin color and causes hormonal problems
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia — a group of genetic disorders involving abnormal hormone production by the adrenal glands
- Hypothyroidism — a condition in which the thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough hormones
Peripheral precocious puberty
Estrogen or testosterone in your child’s body causes this type of precocious puberty.
The less common peripheral precocious puberty occurs without the involvement of the hormone in your brain (Gn-RH) that normally triggers the start of puberty. Instead, the cause is release of estrogen or testosterone into the body because of problems with the ovaries, testicles, adrenal glands or pituitary gland.
In both girls and boys, the following may lead to peripheral precocious puberty:
- A tumor in the adrenal glands or in the pituitary gland that secretes estrogen or testosterone
- McCune-Albright syndrome, a rare disorder that also affects the skin and bone
- Exposure to external sources of estrogen or testosterone, such as creams or ointments
In girls, peripheral precocious puberty may also be associated with:
- Ovarian cysts
- Ovarian tumors
In boys, peripheral precocious puberty may also be caused by:
- A tumor in the cells that make sperm (germ cells) or in the cells that make testosterone (Leydig cells)
- Gene mutation — a rare disorder called gonadotropin-independent familial sexual precocity, which is caused by a defect in a gene, can result in the early production of testosterone in boys, usually between ages 1 and 4.
So rather than taken the little girl to the doctor, the family was supposed to take her to the doctor to check possible tumor or abnormalities that could have led to such situation.
Everything happening in Africa, many with explanation are referred to as spiritual problems by the pastors who have developed a way of squeezing their victims of some money in any given opportunity.
In Nigeria, many had attributed the cause of Ebola to a spiritual problem, and pastors already started claiming to have the spiritual power to cure the disease before the Federal Government issued a threat to arrest anyone who claim to have the cure.